This simple recipe for smoked ham on Traeger Pellet Grill will feed your entire family for days and also be the star of your Christmas or Easter table.
The simple maple glaze is placed on the end, and this easy ham recipe is double-smoked to yield all the best flavor of your favorite cut of pork.
This simple Traeger Smoked Ham recipe is glazed with a delectable maple champagne glaze and then smoked right on your wood pellet grill to yield a soft, delicious, double-smoked ham. This is a treat your whole family will enjoy.
What is a Smoked Ham?
A smoked ham is cut from the hind leg of a pig. It has been brined and smoked, resulting in an unmistakable sweet, smoky, and a bit salty flavor we all love.
A smoked ham has charmed a lot of holiday tables, and all for good reason. It has a pink tint from curing.
So, in this guide, you will learn about smoking ham on a Traeger pellet grill and how to do it.
That being said, let’s get right to the recipe for the best Traeger smoked glazed ham and learn everything that needs to be learned.
Traeger Smoked Glazed Ham
This easy Traeger Smoked Ham is sprinkled with homemade honey, pineapple, and brown sugar glaze for the best flavor.
Get your bone-in or boneless, spiral-sliced, pre-cooked, and cured ham. You can make this on any smoker or pellet grill for the holidays, Thanksgiving, or any event.
- Course: Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours and 45 minutes
- 1 large bone-in, pre-cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- ½ cup of maple syrup
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ¾ cup of Prosecco or hard apple cider
- The first step is for you to light up your grill. Make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions and preheat it to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After that, proceed to graze the top of your ham in a criss-cross pattern. Then, get a large baking pan that has been lined with foil and place it in it.
- That being done, continue by placing the pan onto the preheated grill and proceed to cook for an hour.
- However, ensure that it is uncovered. Get a small saucepan and mix all of the glaze ingredients in it over medium heat while the ham is cooking.
- Afterward, seethe until the sugar is entirely dissolved. Then, get it away from the heat and set it aside.
- Brush the ham generously with around half of the glaze after it has been on the Traeger for one hour.
- With that being done, proceed to cook for an extra 30 minutes, and then stroke with glaze again.
- After that, cook for an additional 15 – 20 minutes, or until the ham gets to at least 135 degrees F.
- Now, turn the grill down to 200 – 220 degrees Fahrenheit and then smoke the ham for 20 to 25 minutes.
- When that is done, remove it from the grill and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Then, slice and serve with any remaining glaze that didn’t get tinted on the ham.
If you don’t have any Prosecco, you can alternate apple juice or apple cider.
What to Serve With Smoked Ham
Smoked ham is definitely a treat that will go well with anything on the table. If you are looking for a classic pairing, I suggest you go for a creamy potato gratin.
This is due to the fact that it offsets the salty and tasty flavor of the meat. Similarly, you can always pair macaroni and cheese with your smoked ham.
Other savory options include glazed carrots, buttery green beans, and creamed spinach.
You can also use smoked ham (and/or the bone if you have one) in different recipes if you have any leftovers, including grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and ham and bean soup.
This delicious Traeger smoked ham is also perfect for breakfast, and you can serve it along with a side of eggs and hash browns.
How to Store Smoked Ham
You can store your smoked ham in the fridge. This will allow it to last for up to 3 to 4 days. However, do ensure that it is tightly sealed and covered.
You can also freeze the leftovers in an airtight container. And, for perfect freshness, use it within the first one to two months.
This is for quality only, given the fact that frozen hams will always be safe for consumption.
Smoked Ham On Traeger Pellet Grill Recipe FAQs
What Wood Pellets Are Good for Ham?
The Traeger signature blend or the Traeger Turkey blend is normally my favorite wood pellet.
This is something you can always stack up to make Thanksgiving recipes.
You also can’t go wrong with some of the smoky pellets, such as mesquite, or the sweet fruity flavors, such as maple or cherry.
What Tastes Good In A Ham Glaze?
There are a lot of ways to add new flavors to smoked ham that has already been cooked.
To sweeten up your glaze, just add brown sugar, apple juice or apple cider, maple syrup, or pineapple juice.
Do Smoked Hams Have To Reach 160 Degrees Fahrenheit?
The short and straightforward answer to this is no. I suggest you reheat your fully smoked ham to 140 degrees F if you are just reheating it in the smoker to add flavor and warm it up.
On the other hand, you will need to cook it to 160 degrees Fahrenheit before you remove the ham if you are cooking something like a fresh ham hock or another cut of ham that was uncooked.
How Long Does It Take To Smoke A Fresh Ham?
In general, fresh ham is smoked low and slow, normally from 225 to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, to keep the big chunk of meat soft and juicy.
However, keep in mind that the actual temp might range. Just make sure that the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F.
And, for that to happen, it might take up to 5 to 10 hours. And, this is determined by the size of the ham and the cooking temperature.
Conclusion on Smoked Ham On Traeger Pellet Grill
You can begin this process by smoking the ham low and slow in order for the smoky flavor to really permeate the meat.
This simple recipe for Traeger smoked ham is all about showing you the exact way to smoke a fully cooked ham from the beginning to the end, accompanied by a tasty baste.
So, fire up your pellet grill and get started. The amazing smoky flavor of this Traeger smoked ham is something you will crave all the time.
That being said, this concludes this guide on smoked ham on Traeger pellet grill, as you now have everything you need to perfectly make delicious smoked ham on Traeger pellet grill.