This guide entails the laid-out instructions on how to smoke a brisket. Instructions provided here will help you make the best-smoked brisket.
These instructions include the selection, the trimming, and the way to properly smoke it. To get the best-smoked brisket all you need is to just follow some key steps that will be discussed in this guide.
You should also be aware that to get to make the perfect smoked beef brisket, it doesn’t center solely on the recipe but, majorly on the process of learning through practicing on the kind of cooker you use, and also the use of a few key steps to smoke it.
I strongly recommend you use the laid-out in this guide to help harness your smoked brisket skills as they are quite essential and will be very helpful.
It will be right to say that smoked brisket is quite complex and tricky as the rules for it changes with each of it you smoke.
You have to handle each one you cook as a new opportunity to be better at what you do, improving your skills better than the last time that you’d smoke one.
Smoked brisket is a beef brisket that is relished with salt and pepper which was then smoked low and slow with post oak and applewood.
Smoking brisket requires a good amount of money and time but, sure the result will be a perfect finger-licking and mouth-watering BBQ.
The recipe for making the perfect smoked brisket is a walk-through process but, all you truly need to know is just the basics on how to get down to it, then improve your skills with each cook.
Initially, what you need to know is that you just need simple two rub ingredients which will then lead to smoking it for hours and these hours of smoking will lead it to perfection.
It is a very good thing to strive for perfection but, smoking your brisket to near-perfection in your first few tries is very much ok. The most important thing is that you should improve with each cook.
So, now let’s get to teach you how to make the perfect smoked brisket with the laid-out instructions in this guide.
How to Smoke a Brisket
As mentioned above, the most important thing you need to do and make sure of is that you improve with each cook.
So, I will be listing the seven key steps below which is what you need to know on how to make the best-smoked brisket.
So, let’s discuss in detail how to make your perfect smoked brisket which will also be below which will be the laid-out instructions, the walk-through process to the best-smoked brisket.
- The first thing you need to do is to select the finest beef, you will have to use quality meat for this.
- Then, if need be, you will have to trim off the excess fat from the brisket. This is because some of these briskets come with excess fat which is something you don’t need for this. And, simply put, the fat each brisket comes with varies so, trimming might be needed or might not be.
- The next step is seasoning which is you relishing the whole brisket with salt then you put it on top of a cooling container.
- You should then put the meat into your fridge but, you have to make sure it is not covered and it should be left there for about 8 hours to 12 hours or let’s say overnight.
- Once the meat gets air-conditioned and frosty throughout the night, you have to heat your pellet smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit before coating your brisket.
- Afterward, you can lay out the lard all over the whole brisket and pat it in well.
- You can then mix the pepper, paprika, remaining salt, and garlic powder then mixing should be done in a big bowl and it should be done thoroughly. Afterward, pour the rub on top of the whole brisket and pat it on till the entire outer part of the brisket is covered.
- Throughout the cooking process, put some apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and keep it near the smoker.
- You can then put the brisket in the smoker and the duration for the smoking should be around 4 hours to 6 hours or till the internal temperature of the smoker gets to 165 degrees Fahrenheit, and you should spray the whole brisket with the apple cider vinegar you put in the spray bottle in the one-hour interval.
- Immediately, the internal temperature of the smoker gets to 165 degrees Fahrenheit, pull out the brisket and then firmly wrap it in tin foil.
After firmly wrapping it in tin foil, put it back into the smoker and leave it there for about another 4 hours to 6 hours or till the internal temperature of the smoker reaches 205 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can then let the brisket cool off for at least about 10 minutes but, it must not exceed 2 hours. Afterward, slice up the brisket on the grain, and serve it. You can now enjoy and savor your perfect smoked brisket.
Where to buy meat to use for smoked brisket
As mentioned above that you need to get the finest meat, quality beef so, it will be quite essential to have an idea of where to buy this meat.
A regular grocery store might not be a good choice of where you can get quality meat but, a local butcher can be a suitable option.
A local butcher will be a better option because there’s a high chance that they know where the meat came from and also it was raised.
It is advisable and strongly recommended that you go for meat that was humanely managed and there are stores online that you sure can get some of the finest meat from and they include;
- Crowd Cow
- Snake River Farms
- A Local Butcher
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to smoke an entire brisket?
The timeframe to smoke an 11 pound cut of brisket is estimated to be around 10 hours. And, remember that this is an estimation.
Can smoked brisket be frozen?
The short response to this is yes, smoked brisket can be frozen. And to that, all you need to do is to firmly wrap your brisket in foil and then add it into a sealed container. A frozen brisket can be stored for up to about 6 months to 12 months.
Final Thoughts On How to Smoke a Brisket
There are still a good number of often asked questions one of them is “How Long Will Smoked Brisket Last in the Fridge?” and the answer for that is, it is possible for a smoked brisket to last for about 3 days to 5 days in the fridge and this brisket must be kept in a sealed container.
This guide entails the laid instructions, tips, and key steps on how to smoke brisket and I’m quite certain will be more than helpful for you to make your perfect smoked brisket. Just remember to improve after each cook.