I’ve had a yearning for smoked turkey for quite some time now, so I put together a recipe for a smoked turkey to satisfy my craving. That being said, I can guarantee that this will be the most delicious smoked turkey recipe you’ve ever tasted.
Did you know smoked turkey doesn’t have to be prepared only during Thanksgiving? You may prepare it at any time of year, even in the summer.
Some valid reasons to experiment with my recipe for smoked turkey:
This one should be self-explanatory: smoked turkey is delectable! As the turkey soaks up the tantalizing proteins generated by your smoker’s combustion, the roasted flavors from the compounds released will enhance the flavor of the turkey.
By experimenting with different barbecue rubs, complex butter, and woods to increase the smoke, you can build up the flavor of your meat.
You have a strong desire to try something new
Yes, I understand. Turkey isn’t a novel dish, but it will be especially delicious if you serve it at a small gathering.
Turkeys are meaty and big
The chances are good that your smoker can accommodate a larger turkey than your oven! Alternatively, a combination of a whole turkey and some turkey legs or thighs could be used. You’re in luck! The larger the bird, the more soft and delectable the meat you will have for the feast and for leftovers later on.
15 minutes to Prepare Ingredients for Smoked Turkey Recipe
Smoke the seasoned turkey for 8 hours
It’ll take a total of 8 hours and 15 minutes to smoke a whole turkey
Ingredients of a recipe for smoked turkey
- Whole turkey. Make sure the ice has already melted.
- Minced garlic (about 2 tablespoons)
- Seasoned salt (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 24 ounces of cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 medium-sized apple
- 1 large onion
- About a tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of table salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Recipe for smoked turkey?
Smoked Turkey Recipe
- 1 Whole turkey. Make sure the ice has already melted
- 2 tbsp Minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 24 ounces cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- 1 medium-sized apple
- 1 large onion
- 1 tbsp tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tbsp table salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Please rinse your turkey thoroughly before cooking it. I’m aware that a lot of people believe it spreads germs throughout your kitchen but rinses!
- Once rinsed, set it aside in a roasting pan and dry pat it with a paper towel to ensure that it is completely dried. If you don’t dry it well, there’s a chance that the ingredients you put on it will not adhere properly.
- I’m not one to go overboard with the spices when it comes to turkey. With this recipe, you can limit yourself to using only garlic and seasoning salt. The delicious aroma will emanate from the ingredients you use to fill your turkey.
- Coca-cola, apple, onion, and butter will be put into the turkey to provide some sweetness.
- Apply a little layer of olive oil to the skin of the turkey.
- Blend all of the other ingredients into a smooth paste, then press the mixture onto the turkey and fill the remaining ingredients into the bird.
- Wrap the turkey loosely in aluminum foil.
- Set the smoker by bringing it to a temperature of 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Set up the smoker and baste the turkey with the turkey juices from the pan every 1-2 hours for a total of 4 hours.
- Smoke till its temperatures reach 180 degrees Fahrenheit in the deepest portion of the thigh, then remove from the smoker. When smoking a turkey between 225 and 250 degrees Fahrenheit, it is best to allow 30 minutes per pound of weight. The turkey weighed 13 pounds and took approximately 7-8 hours to reach serving temperature.
- Now that you have my recipe for smoked turkey, allow me to answer some frequently asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions about Smoked Turkey Recipes
Now that you have my recipe for smoked turkey, allow me to answer some frequently asked questions.
What’s the best turkey smoker?
To be completely honest, you can use any kind of smoker to complete the task. You could try one of the following two options: Electric smokers or pellet smokers.
What type of woods should be used?
You know what I always say: use whichever woods you want. However, you can always use apple tree wood, cherry wood, or peach wood instead. I typically use apple tree wood because it is inexpensive and easy to obtain.
Is it really necessary to baste the turkey before cooking it?
Yes, basting the turkey is advised if you want the most succulent turkey possible. The skin and aluminum on their own assist to keep the turkey moist, but since you’ll be monitoring the bird in the smoker several times, it’s a good idea to baste it before cooking it. You will not be disappointed.
What is the average time required to smoke a turkey?
When smoking a turkey between 225 and 250 degrees Fahrenheit, it is best to allow 30 minutes per pound of weight. If the turkey weighs up to 12 pounds, 7 to 8 hours should be sufficient. You can also cut the turkey into little pieces before smoking it if you want to save time.
What can I serve as a side dish with the smoked turkey?
With this smoked turkey, you can eat just about anything you want. It’s just like eating fried turkey, therefore serve it alongside the things that you would normally serve with fried turkey, or experiment with the following meals:
- Brussel sprouts in a pan or a mixed vegetable salad
- Spaghetti with garlic
- Spaghetti squash is a type of squash.
- Pasta with cream cheese
- Rice with curry sauce
- Salade de Riso Italiano
- Fried rice with prawns
- Fries made from sweet potatoes
- Avocado rice
- Hasselback potatoes
- Pave with garlic and potatoes
- Curry with sweet potatoes
- Casserole of Green Beans
- The Most Delicious Mashed Potatoes
- Casserole of Sweet Potatoes
- Corn Casserole is a dish that is made with corn.
- Rolls that are buttery and soft
Final Thoughts on Recipe for Smoked Turkey
Will you give my recipe for smoked turkey a shot this Thanksgiving or anytime you wish? Don’t worry; it is a pretty straightforward procedure. Just make sure you have all of the ingredients and tools ready before you start cooking.
Make sure to follow the instructions carefully to ensure a great result. Please let me know what you think and whether or not you plan to try this dish.