There are various methods and ways to reheat pulled pork and I will be discussing some steps and laid-out instructions for you to follow to reheat your pulled pork.
Moisture is sometimes lost when you reheat food and even the quality can also diminish if not all but, some amount of it.
But this will not be bad news here since you are here already reading this guide which I will ask you to go all the way through it.
You can reheat your food while still keeping it moist and also retaining its quality and this also goes the same for your pulled pork.
All you need to do to retain the quality and moisture of food and in this case, pulled pork is just to make sure you get it stored properly and you reheat it thoroughly and in a very careful manner.
And, the beauty of this is that after doing all this and following all the steps carefully, your food will be just as if you just prepared it.
Let’s briefly talk about pulled pork. It is gotten from the upper shoulder of a pig as it is a big slice commonly known as the butt with a weight of over 11 pounds.
So, this is to say that even if you have a part with just bone and fat, there will still be so much meat in it and they can only be consumed if you have enough mouths for them and that will surely be many.
Most times, you are to expect leftovers as that is what normally occurs and how will you make a butt that has been refrigerated or frozen hot, soft, and juicy again and especially when you will be having a party or even a picnic.
So, ride with me and let’s go into how you can do it, reheat your pulled pork without it losing its quality and moisture.
How to Reheat Pulled Pork in the Oven
As mentioned earlier in this guide, there is a good number of ways and methods to reheat pulled pork and in this guide, I will be starting with this.
You will get to know how you can reheat your pulled pork using an oven and all you will need for this is just an oven space and time.
And, this is a method I will strongly advise you to go for but, if you feel that this method is not for you, then you can, by all means, go for some other methods for reheating pulled pork.
So, below will be the steps and laid-out instructions on how to reheat pulled pork in the oven;
- You are to first warm up your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and you are advised to keep the temperature of the oven low because the meat tends to dry out in higher temperatures.
- Afterward, make a baking dish of the pulled pork and also pour some leftover juices from the meat that you have in the pan, this is to reduce the chance of the meat drying out.
- Get a foul to cover the pan or you can use something else but, similar and that serves the same purpose.
- The covered pan is then to be placed into the oven which you will then leave to bake at the set temperature till it becomes warm.
- The duration should not be long as you are just reheating it not cooking it, this, you should remember.
- Till its internal temperature gets to 165 degrees Fahrenheit, you are to keep on reheating it and you should know that the period for it to reach this temperature differs as it is determined by the amount of meat you want to reheat.
- Also, remember that this meat has been cooked already, you are merely just reheating it afterward, when bringing out the pulled pork from the oven, you are to mix it up.
- And, then, include more juices or sauces of your choice to it after which is then ready to be served.
How Long Can Pulled Pork Use in the Fridge?
Since I’ve talked about how you can reheat pulled pork and have given you a way to do that as it is also a method, I recommend for you to use except it does not work for you which you can then explore other available methods.
It will be then, right to briefly talk about other related topics so, I will be going about this question quick which is about how long pulled pork can last in the fridge.
I’m sure you know you can refrigerate cooked pulled pork and if you don’t, well now, you know but, there is a warning to this, you are not to refrigerate your cooked pulled pork for a long period as it can cause its quality to reduce.
So, the short response to the question above is that pulled pork can use up to 3 to 5 days in the fridge but, allowing it to use more than that period can cause it to spoil and also lose its quality.
And, the temperature of the fridge should be set below 40 degrees Fahrenheit as this is to prevent bacteria from growing in it and to also retain its quality.
Final Thoughts on Reheat Pulled Pork
Proper storage of pulled pork is the key secret behind reheating it and still retaining its quality and moisture.
As mentioned earlier, there are so many methods on how to reheat pulled pork but, the best way to reheat it and not lose its quality and moisture depends on how well it is being stored.
You are to keep your pulled pork in one piece and only cut it up and reheat it later if you are cooking it in advance.
And, this is advised because more moisture is retained when you don’t cut up your pulled pork before you are ready to use it and you even also prevent it from drying out.
So, the other ways to reheat pulled pork include using a microwave, crockpot, steam, and vacuum sealing and boiling.
You can also reheat it on the grill so, this will be the wrap-up on this guide on how to reheat pulled pork which has been well-explained with other options on how to reheat it.