Using this grilled sandwich recipe, make the most perfect grilled sandwich that is healthy, nutritious, and satisfying.
This grilled sandwich is made with butter, bread, vegetables, chutney, ground spices, and cheese, which is optional.
This grilled sandwich is simple and easy to make, and it is also extremely delectable and nutritious.
There are American and British versions of the grilled sandwich in which cheese is the main ingredient, but it is not compulsory to use it when you are going for the grilled sandwich with veggies.
For the grilled sandwich with veggies, you will need to get a mix of boiled and raw vegetables, which is from the base of the filling.
You can get a spread like “Sandwich Chutney,” which is made with cilantro or coriander leaves, to boost the flavor profile of your grilled sandwich.
Sandwich chutney can also be referred to as spiced chutney. And, for that unique relish, you can go for special spice powders which are referred to as sandwich masala or chaat masala.
You should also use a generous amount of butter to achieve a crunchy classic. To achieve the best cheesy pull, you can use mozzarella cheese, but this is entirely up to you.
If you want to make a veg grilled sandwich, you will need to get soft white bread slices and butter them lavishly, as this is to prevent the bread from getting mushy with the chutney that has been spread over the bread.
Fresh onions, beets, cucumbers, boiled potatoes, bell peppers, and tomatoes are covered with a dredge of ground spices.
You can also add a lot of grated cheese, but this is based on your preference and taste. Afterward, it gets layered with another chutney and a butter-coated slice.
Then, you get your electric grill or sandwich grill and get them into it. You can also make use of a stovetop grill pan.
And, you will then get your crunchy, mouth-watering, and most perfect grilled sandwich ready in less than 5 minutes.
Grilled Sandwich Recipe
Preparation Time: 2 min.
Cooking Time: 28 min.
Total Time: 30 min
With this grilled sandwich recipe, you will learn how to make the best-grilled cheese sandwich with a crunchy, creamy surface and a sticky cheese center.
Course: Main Course, Lunch
Servings: 4 sandwiches.
- 8 slices of Texas toast or thick sliced sandwich bread
- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- 4 slices of medium cheddar cheese.
- 4 slices of Gouda cheese.
- 4 slices of Havarti cheese.
- Firstly, you will need to spread ½ tablespoon of butter on just one side of each slice of the bread.
- Then, get a skillet and set it over medium or low heat. Afterward, you are to place 2 slices of bread in the skillet. But, you have to make sure that the butter side is face down.
- You can then proceed to pile cheeses on one piece of toast. Then, you can go for cheddar, Gouda, and Havarti.
- And, once the slices of bread have become golden brown, you can proceed to close the sandwich with the crunchy sides on the exterior.
- You are to continue cooking until the bread has become a rich golden brown. Afterward, you can turn it over once and then proceed to press down slightly, as this is to help the bread stick to the cheese.
- And, you are to keep the heat on medium or low as the slices of bread toast slowly. Doing this will also give the cheese a chance to completely melt and to also stick firmly to the bread.
- You will know that your bread is done when you notice that the cheese has melted completely and the slices of bread have become brown.
- After that, you can proceed to remove the slices of bread and place them on a plate. Then, you can slice them in half. And, this should be done diagonally.
- Afterward, you can proceed to serve your grilled sandwich and enjoy it. You are to also repeat the same steps for your next sandwich.
Best Ingredients for Grilled Sandwich
As mentioned in this recipe for a grilled sandwich, I would strongly suggest you go for a thicker sliced bread like Texas toast.
For the choice of butter, I will recommend the unsalted one, although you should know that any butter will work for this recipe.
And, you should make sure that you use your butter generously. Make use of ½ tablespoon of butter on each slice of the bread.
And, lastly, I made use of a mixture of sliced medium cheddar, Havarti, and Gouda cheese. However, you can create your own mixture or make use of just one.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Can I Use to Make a Grilled Cheese?
Well, you can cook a grilled cheese on a cast-iron skillet, and you can also make use of any non-stick pan.
And, if you are planning or if you want to cook multiple sandwiches at once, then you can go for a griddle or flat cooktop. You can also make use of a Panini press.
Is A Grilled Cheese Sandwich Grilled?
A lot of people will be confused about this, but, a grilled cheese sandwich is not grilled even though the name implies it.
Although you should know that it can be grilled, however, you must keep the heat very low to avoid burning your grill before the cheese has melted.
What Is The Best Cheese For Grilled Cheese?
As you can see in this grilled sandwich recipe, I make use of a mixture of medium cheddar, Havarti, and Gouda cheeses.
However, based on your preference and taste, you can make use of just one type of cheese. Cheeses like Monterey Jack or American cheese will also do a great job.
What’s Better: Mayo or Butter?
A lot of people might opt for mayo as it is easier to spread on the bread. However, using mayo will make your sandwich taste like mayo, which is something you might not want or like.
So, I will strongly suggest you go for butter, and that is also what I use in this recipe for a grilled sandwich.
There are also ways you can soften your butter if you do not have softened butter, so you don’t have to worry too much.
Grilled Sandwich Recipe
Conclusion on the Grilled Sandwich Recipe
And, with all that being said, I will quickly give you a few ideas of what you can serve with your grilled cheese sandwich.
You can go for tomato soup and serve it with your grilled cheese sandwich. And, you can also choose to serve the following alongside your grilled cheese sandwich: Marinara Sauce, Potato wedge, Salad (especially the fresh green salad), Refrigerator Pickles, BLT Salad, Coleslaw, and French Fries.
This will be the conclusion of this guide, which has been about a grilled sandwich recipe, the easy and best way to make the perfect grilled sandwich.